My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- 10 mins
- Level 1: Introductory
Bang challenge: Save Dallas from blast-off
Dallas has got himself in a bit of bother – tied to a rocket, about to be blasted into space. Can you use your knowledge of the planets to save him?
This page has been archived and no longer updated. Please be aware that the information provided on this page may be out of date, or otherwise inaccurate due to the passage of time. For more detail, see our Archive and Deletion Policy.
Originally published: Monday, 15th March 2010
- Body text - Copyright: open university (interactive)
- Image 'Dallas - tied to a rocket!' - Copyright: BBC
- Image 'Robot gang' - Copyright free: Public domain robot images via Pixabay
- Image 'Excel, London' - Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Mike trapped on an island' - Copyright: OU
- Image 'Images from the Bang Screensaver' - Copyright:
The Open University
- Image 'Gorilla from BBC's Saving Species' - Copyright: BBC
- Image 'Liz trapped behind rocks' - Copyright: BBC
- Image 'Closeup of a Snow Leopard with mouth open on black background' - Copyright:
- Image 'Rhyl' - Creative-Commons license
- Image 'Image of a strawberry under an electron microscope' - Copyright: Science Photo
- Image 'A spinner vehicle created by a Blade Runner fan' - Philip Hunt under Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 4.0 license
- Image 'British Science Week' - Copyright: British Science Week
- Image 'Think like a scientist' - Copyright: The Open University
Tags, Ratings and Social Bookmarking
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
For further information, take a look at our frequently asked questions which may give you the support you need.Have a question?