My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- Learning outcomes
- 1 What are cardiovascular diseases?
- 1.1 A simple introduction
- 1.2 Broad defintions of cardiovascular diseases
- 1.3 There's a lot of it about: the global picture of cardiovascular diseases
- 1.4 Decline of cardiovascular diseases in Western society?
- 1.5 Economic impact of cardiovascular diseases
- 2 Studying cardiovascular diseases
- 3 Risk factors
- 4 Prevention is better than cure
- 5 Early warning signs
- 6 When things go wrong
- 7 Immediate treatment of cardiovascular diseases
- 8 Long-term treatment, and living with cardiovascular diseases
- 9 Conclusion
- 10 Test your knowledge
- 11 Additional resources
- Keep on learning
- Current section: References
About this free course
15 hours study
Level 2: Intermediate
Download this course
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Get the most out of OpenLearn
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn but creating an account lets you set up a personal learning profile which tracks your course progress and gives you access to Statements of Participation and digital badges you earn along the way. Sign-up now!
This free course is available to start right now. Review the full course description and key learning outcomes and create an account and enrol if you want a free statement of participation.
Understanding cardiovascular diseases
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.