To accompany the BBC One series Paul O'Grady's Working Britain, you can download a free journal of working life that includes topics like:
- Work. Traditionally rooted in factiory work, mining and transport—do newer generations in call centres see themselves as working class?
- Homes and housing. Families and communities have been close-knit. How have family roles and standard of housing changed?
- Leisure. How important is popular culture? Do activities like visits to the pub, the cinema, the football and the coast still stand today?
- Representation. Does the media offer stereotypes, romanticisms or realistic protrayals? Do we still percieve heroes and villains?
- Struggle. Trade unionists and activists have had to struggle and fight back to defend jobs and equality. Are these struggles still relevant?
Tell us your thoughts
Visit our dedicated discussion areas to share your thoughts, memories and experiences of working class life.