Radio 4's parenting series, Bringing up Britain, returns for another year to explore the complex realities of parenting in today's Britain. Each episode, Mariella Frostrup hosts a debate about parenting with families, experts and policy-makers.
Join the debate
Let us know your views in the polls for each episode.
- Can we make our kids clever? - take the poll
- What is the best way to parent through separation? - take the poll
- How do you get kids to behave? - take the poll
- Join in the debate by leaving a comment
But what do children and young people think?
Dr Victoria Cooper asks 'Do we really listen to children and young people?' in an article about participation from the Children's Research Centre at the Open University. Ellie Jones speaks about her experience of youth participation in a video interview.
We also asked a group of 12-16 year olds what they think of the poll questions and issues in each episodes - click here to see the results and compare their answers with your own views.
Find out more
Here on OpenLearn, you can dive deeper into the subject of parenting, childhood and youth studies:
- View the episode guide to see more about each episode
- Explore more topics about childhood and parenting
- Take your interest further with a free course or OU degree
- Look back at articles, debates and surveys from previous series
The first episode airs at 9.00am on Wednesday 2nd September 2015 on BBC Radio 4, with an edited repeat at 9.30pm. For more information, visit the programme page on bbc.co.uk.