At 6.32am this morning, London time, Curiosity survived its seven minutes of terror and started to beam back some of the clearest images we've ever seen from the surface of Mars...
If this has made you excited to discover more about Mars, the solar system and beyond, you're in the right place...
Explore the stars
- Spot constellations, get a close-up look at other galaxies: Scan the night sky on your computer with the Virtual Planisphere
Do we have neighbours?
Explore Mars from Earth
You might also like...
- There are many ways to get a qualification in physics & astronomy with The Open University
- You can try a free course section to get closer to galaxies, stars and planets
- NASA's website has the latest about the 2012 mission, Curiosity
- The Open University is involved in some exciting research connected with Mars exploration
- You can get a closer look at some real Martian rock samples in the Virtual Microscope