If you’re thinking of giving it go but don’t know where to start then you're in the right place. Bobby Friction finds those who are about to get going. What does it all involve and can anyone do it?
Bobby meets the power behind five business start-ups and - along with advice from those who've already made their first millions - comes up with nine crucial lessons that give you a leapfrog on the path to success:
- lesson 1 – starting a business is hard work!
- lesson 2 – act on your idea – now!
- lesson 3 – do your research!
- lesson 4 – money’s gonna be hard to find!
- lesson 5 – believe in yourself!
- lesson 6 – look around you – is anyone else doing it?
- lesson 7 – attention to detail is vital. Simple, dumb mistakes will eat into yout hard-earned profits
- lesson 8 – failure’s part of the game!
- lesson 9 – get yourself a mentor!
To help him on his journey, Bobby gets advice from Sir Alan Sugar - Amstrad chairman and man with the power to hire or fire on The Apprentice; Yo-Sushi founder Simon Wooddruff, one of the dragons who challenged start-ups in The Dragon's Den; and Richard Reed, co-founder of Innocent Smoothies.