3.1. To add a certificate
Click on Add an activity or resource
Select Custom certificate
Complete the following information in the ‘Adding
a new Custom certificate’ form:
Name [of certificate] (required)
- Email students (default is set to No)
- Email teachers (default is set to No)
- Email others (default is empty). If set this
will email the email address(es) listed here (separated by a comma) with a PDF
of the certificate when it becomes available.
- Allow anyone to verify a certificate (default is
set to No). This setting enables anyone with the certificate verification link
(including users not logged in) to verify a certificate. However. the verification
code or the link for verification are not currently in the emails to students,
teachers, or others listed above. The email contains the PDF of the certificate
and a short standard message but no link to the course, the certificate verification
screen, or the certificate code (if not included on the certificate).
- Required minutes in course (default is set to 0).
Enter the minimum amount of time, in minutes, that a student must be logged
into the course before they will be able to receive the certificate
- Set protection (choose the actions you wish to prevent
users from performing on this certificate). There are checkboxes for Print,
Modify and Copy. It is often advisable to select ‘modify’ protection.
Common module settings
- Availability (default is ‘show on course page’)
- ID number (default is blank)
- Group mode (default is ‘no groups’)
- Access restrictions – there will be none so
click on ‘Add restriction’ button and select each activity which must be
completed before the certificate will be made available to the learner.
You could set up completion
tracking for the certificate if you want the student viewing the certificate
page in the course to count towards course completion.
Click on ‘Save and display’ and the certificate
page will appear showing the name of the certificate and the number of recipients
(there will be none so far).