Level 2: Care Pathways
The patient has a clearly defined problem but there may be a small
number of additional factors that affect how treatment is provided.
- Patient’s condition is predictable but with some variation
- Patient’s conditions are managed via care pathways
- Patient requires additional support on discharge eg: a package of care or referral to District Nursing
- Acutely Ill patients requiring ongoing intervention or with the potential to deteriorate
- Post-operative care with complications.