How to add activities into your OER on OpenLearn Create
Activities, such as forums, quizzes and wikis enable interactive content to be added to the course.
11. Custom Certificate
11.1. To add a certificate
Click on Add an activity or resource
Select Custom certificate
Complete the following information in the ‘Adding a new Custom certificate’ form:
Name [of certificate] (required)
- Email students (default is set to No)
- Email teachers (default is set to No)
- Email others (default is empty). If set this will email the email address(es) listed here (separated by a comma) with a PDF of the certificate when it becomes available.
- Allow anyone to verify a certificate (default is set to No). This setting enables anyone with the certificate verification link (including users not logged in) to verify a certificate. However. the verification code or the link for verification are not currently in the emails to students, teachers, or others listed above. The email contains the PDF of the certificate and a short standard message but no link to the course, the certificate verification screen, or the certificate code (if not included on the certificate).
- Required minutes in course (default is set to 0). Enter the minimum amount of time, in minutes, that a student must be logged into the course before they will be able to receive the certificate
- Set protection (choose the actions you wish to prevent users from performing on this certificate). There are checkboxes for Print, Modify and Copy. It is often advisable to select ‘modify’ protection.
Common module settings
- Availability (default is ‘show on course page’)
- ID number (default is blank)
- Group mode (default is ‘no groups’)
- Access restrictions – there will be none so click on ‘Add restriction’ button and select each activity which must be completed before the certificate will be made available to the learner.
You could set up completion tracking for the certificate if you want the student viewing the certificate page in the course to count towards course completion.
Click on ‘Save and display’ and the certificate page will appear showing the name of the certificate and the number of recipients (there will be none so far).