Activities, such as forums, quizzes and wikis enable interactive content to be added to the course. Some are only suitable for a tutor/teacher supported course (tutor only) rather than a free standing open educational resource.
- Blog allows for creation of blogs within a course (tutor only)
- Choice enables a tutor to ask a question and offer possible responses (tutor only)
- Custom Certificate is your preferred design, rather than standard Statement of Participation
- Forum provides a discussion Moodle forum facility (tutor only)
- Glossary can be a list of definitions, like a dictionary, or resources for information.
- H5P HTML5 Package of interactive content (presentations, videos, multimedia, questions etc).
- Lesson enables sharing content and/or practice activities in flexible ways (tutor only).
- Questionnaire allows survey construction using a variety of survey question types.
- Quiz enables a course author to create quizzes comprising questions of various types.
- SCORM package Shareable Content Object Reference Model collection of files.
- StudentQuiz allows students to add questions for the crowd (tutor only).
- Wiki lets users edit a set of linked pages, often a collaborative activity (tutor only).
- Workshop enables collection, review and peer assessment of students' work (tutor only)
8.7. Moving existing questions into a question category
If you are amending an existing quiz to add questions or move questions around, you can move existing questions in a Quiz into the appropriate categories in the question bank once you’ve set up the categories, then amend those questions if necessary.
To move an existing question into one of the question categories, open the question in edit mode. You will see the ‘use this category’ box is checked if a question is already in a default category:
Uncheck that ‘use this category’ box and select the appropriate category for that question from the dropdown box which is now available to you.
Save the changes to the quiz question.