Application for the OWWA Scholarship OFW Dependent Scholarship Program, or OFWDSP is now open till May 2023!
The OWWA Scholarship OFW Dependent Scholarship Program, or OFWDSP, is for students who plan to attend or are presently attending a state college or university and whose family member earns less than US $600 per month.
The OFWDSP provides P20,000 for a student’s school expenses per year to qualified dependents of OFWs.
However, since public universities are now tuition-free, the money granted to OFWDSP scholars can be used for other school fees, and the remainder is given to the student but should only be used for other academic-related expenses.
Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP) and OWWA benefits:
The OWWA Scholarship Program grants P30,000 cash each semester and instantly pays the university’s tuition costs. The remaining rewards will be distributed to the candidate after he has submitted his semester grades.
A P300,000.00 health and accident insurance policy will also be provided to the chosen individual.
- Must be a child of a married OWWA member or brother/sister of an unmarried OWWA member
- Must be 21 years old or below
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Be in good health and with good moral character
- Must have an average grade of at least 80% and belong to the upper 20% of the graduating class
- Accomplished application forms (2 sets)
- 1″x 1″ ID pictures (2 copies)
- Proof of relationship to Member (copy of Birth Certificate of the applicant and of the Member if related as brother or sister duly certified by the Local Civil Registrar or NSO)
- Form 137 or Transcript of Records with Principal’s Certification on Scholastic Standing
- Proof of OWWA membership (i.e. Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution/Certification from OWWA Membership Processing Center)
- Health Certificate attesting to the physical fitness of an applicant (Form B)
- Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the School Principal/Guidance Counselor (Form C)
- Certification that applicant belongs to upper 20% of graduating class issued by the school principal (2 sets)
- Statement of the applicant that he/she has not earned units in any post-secondary/undergraduate course (Form E)
- Sworn Statement that he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant status in any country and does not have dual citizenship signed by a parent or legal guardians (Form F)
- To apply, go to the OWWA Regional Welfare Office in the area that is closest to you.
- From there you must obtain queuing number or queue in the line for EDSP scholarship application.
- Present the I.D. of OFW member together with your documents to the Membership Verification Desk.
- Attend the scholarship orientation and assist with the notarization of the scholarship agreement.
This OWWA Scholarships for Filipino Students program is currently accepting applications from students in the Philippines. So, now is the time to seize the opportunity.