The National Ambition for Care-Experienced students
The Scottish Funding Council (SFC) invests over £1.8 billion each year in Scotland’s colleges and higher education institutions (HEIs). Its vision is that by 2030 there should be equal outcomes of Care-Experienced students and students without care experience.
In delivering this, the SFC aims to:
- ensure the number of care-experienced students are fairly represented at college and university. For HEIs we have an ambition that 1.4% of Scottish domiciled undergraduates are care-experienced
- increase the proportion of care-experienced articulating students from college to degree level courses at university with Advanced Standing
- work towards equality of outcomes with regards to retention and outcomes
- monitor, evaluate and report on intake, progression, retention and success of Care-Experienced students at college and university
- create opportunities for Corporate Parents to connect and network so that they can learn from each other.
The SFC needs your help and support to achieve our National Ambition for care-experienced students at college and university.