This continuing professional development (CPD) course has been jointly developed by The Open University (OU) and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) as a response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The aim of the course is to offer a primer on working online as a counsellor or psychotherapist at a time when face-to-face therapy is neither possible nor safe. Course completion will boost your knowledge and confidence, and will support counsellors and psychotherapists to offer technology-based counselling safely and effectively.
Activity 1: Welcome to the course
In the following video Fiona Ballantine-Dykes, Deputy CEO and Chief Professional Standards Officer of BACP, talks about why BACP has worked with the OU to produce this CPD unit.
Pause for reflection
What are your key reasons for taking this course? Are there things about doing counselling online that you are particularly worried about? Or are looking forward to?
Record your answer in the space below.
Throughout this course you will be asked to write activity answers and reflections in the spaces below. Anything you write here will be saved and will be available to you if you return to this page of the course at a later date. It will be visible only to you, and will not be shared with anyone else.
- Introduction Ebook (EPUB) 141.8KB
- Introduction HTML Zip file 11.2MB
- Introduction IMS Common Cartridge 11.2MB
- Introduction Interactive ebook (EPUB) 10.7MB
- Introduction Kindle ebook 153.3KB
- Introduction OU XML Package 6.9KB
- Introduction OU XML file 15.4KB
- Introduction PDF version of web pages 176.1KB
- Introduction RSS 39.2KB
- Introduction SCORM 11.2MB
- Introduction Word version (optimised for screen readers) 206.5KB
What does this course involve and who is it for?