Resource 2: Introductory questions
Teacher resource for planning or adapting to use with pupils
Ask these questions before reading starts in order to help pupils make connections between what they already know and what they are going to read about in the information text on litter.
- Are there any kinds of rubbish in our school grounds or around our homes? If there are, what kinds?
- How did the rubbish get there?
- If there is no rubbish, what is the reason for the clean areas around our school grounds or homes?
- What is another word for rubbish that lies on the ground in our school yard or street? (If pupils don’t know, point to ‘Litter’ on the chalkboard or in their copy of the article.)
- What are some of the problems that litter can cause?
Resources 1: Text on litter
Resource 3: Good posters