4. Regional Economic Law Organisations
4.1 Regional Economic Law Organisations
International Economic Law is also relevant to certain regional trading blocks, as illustrated in the map below.
You should expect to spend approximately 10 minutes on this activity.
Use this animation to familiarise yourself with regional trading blocks: some of the most important include:
- The European Union
- The European Free Trade Area
- The North American Free Trade Agreement
- The Mercosur
- The Association of Southeast Nations
- The Asia-Pacific Economic Co-Operation
An interactive map which shows the regional economic law organisations and their member states.
The regional trading blocks shown on the map include:
- The European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Ital, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
- The European Free Trade Area: Iceland, Norway Switzerland, Liectenstein
- The North American Free Trade Agreement: Canada, USA, Mexico
- The Mercosur: Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay
- The Association of Southeast Nations: Brunei, Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- The Asia-Pacific Economic Co-Operation: Australia, Brunei, Canada, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, USA, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Chile, Peru, Russia, Vietnam
- The Andean Community of Nations: Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru
- The Commonwealth of Independent States: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan
- The Association of Caribbean States: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela
- The African Union: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tongo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- South East Asian Association for Regional Cooperation: Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka