5.4.5 What Am I Going to Do Next?
This is the last part of the unit, but in some ways it is the most important. There will have been little point to your study if all you do is look back at what you have learned about yourself and your capacity to use Learning to Learn. It only really becomes significant if you use your learning in the future to reach new goals. So, we would like you to work on one more activity.
Activity 5.15: What Am I Going to Do Next?
In Activity 5.10 you made a promise to yourself about what you would do over the next three months. This final activity encourages you to build on these promises.
Make a new entry in your Learning Journal with the heading “Activity 5.15: What I Am Going to Do Next.” For each promise, note down the following:
- What will be the first step to achieving your promise to yourself?
- By what date will you have achieved this?
- What other things will you have to do between this first step and achieving your promise to yourself?
- By what dates will these be achieved?
- How will you know when you have achieved your promise?
- How will you feel when you achieve this?
Doing this will be the basis for taking forward the vision and plan that you created in Unit 5 into your next cycle of learning.