4.7 Study Checklist
Read through the list below and think over all the work you have done in this unit. If there is a checkpoint that doesn’t seem familiar, skim your notes to jog your memory. Remember that your mathematical skills will develop and grow stronger over time. Just keep working at it!
You should feel confident to:
- Work out everyday problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Carry out operations in the correct order (following the PEMDAS code).
- Appreciate that strategies can be used to work out calculations on paper or in your head.
- Use rounding and estimation and check results from your calculator.
- Appreciate the steps in solving a problem mathematically.
Good start! You’re doing a great job.
Outlook on Unit 5
If you don’t have the time to do the optional activities in this unit, move onto Unit 5 now and continue to work with numbers. To be precise, you will work with various units of measurement and negative numbers. See you there and keep going!