6.0.1 What to Expect in this Unit
This unit should take around 11 hours to complete. In this unit you will learn about:
- What fractions are.
- Examples of fractions in real life.
- The different types of fractions.
- How to simplify fractions.
- Converting fractions to decimals.
- Using a calculator to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions.
- Adding and subtracting fractions.
- Multiplying and dividing fractions.
Compared to the previous five units, Unit 6 will most likely take you more time to work through. This unit, which focuses on fractions, is a longer unit because we all need extra practice working with fractions. In this unit, you will learn how to use the calculator to perform operations with fractions, as well as other practical skills.