7.0.1 What to Expect in this Unit
This unit should take around three hours to complete. In this unit you will learn about:
- How fractions can be used in real life.
- Breaking a problem into small parts.
- Using sketches to make sense of a problem.
You will have further practice in:
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing various types of fractions.
- Using a calculator for problems involving fractions.
In this unit, you will be using the ideas and methods from Unit 6. It is a shorter unit than Unit 6, but it might take you about the same time to work through, as some of the calculations are longer. You will be following steps to solve one particular real-life problem.