8.6 Study Checklist
Take stock of the material you covered in this unit. Below is a list that highlights the main ideas you’ve studied. This was a challenging unit, but, if you keep your eyes open, you will be reminded of these concepts.
You should feel confident to:
- Write numbers as percentages, fractions, and decimals.
- Perform calculations with percentages.
- Understand how percentages and ratios are used in everyday life.
- Convert between fractions, decimals, percentages, and ratios.
- Apply percentages and ratios to given scenarios.
- Revisit some of the strategies that help you to solve problems.
- Continue to appreciate how to write good mathematics.
You’ve come a long way. Well done!
Outlook on Unit 9
Let’s move onto Unit 9, where there’s some exciting material on patterns and formulas, as well as news about an unsolved math problem with a $1,000,000 prize attached! But mathematicians have been trying to solve this one since 1742, so don’t get your hopes up too high …
8.5 Quiz Time