Small business and marketing
Welcome to the second section of the Starting your small business course where you will look at the relationships between businesses and customers and explore how a business can attract, and more importantly keep customers. Once completed you will have the opportunity to obtain the ‘Small business and marketing’ badge. This section will take approximately three hours to complete.
In this section, you will:
- look at the customers, consumers and clients in your business
- look at the role of marketing in small businesses
- explore some basic marketing principles and different ways of communicating with customers
- identifying target customers
- work out a suitable marketing approach for your business.
To help you along the way, there are a number of activities where you can reflect on what you have been learning, and think about how you can apply these new skills and knowledge in practice.