Resource 1: Reasons for living in families – Miss Ndonga’s class list
Background information / subject knowledge for teacher
- To protect children.
- To provide food and shelter for children.
- To teach children how to live.
- To teach children the things they need to know, such as honesty and respect for others.
- Because children cannot support themselves.
- For adults to have companionship.
- Because people are social beings and cannot live alone.
- To provide a role model for children.
- To share friendship and love.
- To share the tasks.