Please see the new version of this course on OpenLearn.
This is a personal development course for carers in Wales. It will help you to identify and reflect on your experiences, interests, skills and your future aspirations. You will also have the opportunity to develop a personal action plan to take forward beyond the course.
Developed by The Open University in Wales and Carers Trust Wales, it is embedded with case studies from real carers sharing their experiences and reflections.
This course is part of a collection
This course is part of a collection of courses called Education. There are 4 courses in this collection so you may find other courses here that maybe of interest to you.
Course learning outcomes
By working through What about me? you’ll achieve:
- a clearer understanding of your experiences as a carer and also in your wider roles
- an understanding of the various skills that you have developed as a carer and in your wider roles and how these are transferable to other situations
- an appreciation of personal qualities developed through your caring role
- a chance to think about your goals and aspirations for the future
- an idea of how you might work towards these goals and where you may get help and support
- the ability to use information technology (IT) to carry out reflective activities in writing and communicating
- the ability to use the internet to find information useful to you
- the ability to explore and use new ways of expressing ideas.
First Published 27/07/2017.