This free course will develop and improve your essential speaking and listening, reading and writing skills for work, study and everyday life. You will develop knowledge and skills for taking part confidently in discussions – using language correctly in different situations. You will learn and practise key reading approaches to understand different texts and identify main points and detailed information. You will study methods to improve your writing to communicate clearly using a variety of written formats.
Everyday English 1 was written by Bedford College Group in partnership with Middlesbrough College, West Herts College and The Open University, in collaboration with Coleg Cambria, Addysg Oedolion Cymru / Adult Learning Wales, Coleg Gwent and the NPTC Group of Colleges.
This course is part of a collection
This course is part of a collection of courses called Skills. There are 8 courses in this collection so you may find other courses here that maybe of interest to you.
Course learning outcomes
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand how to make a range of relevant and extended contributions to formal and informal discussions
- read and understand the main points and ideas in a range of straightforward texts
- utilise information contained in various texts and identify suitable responses
- construct a range of texts to communicate information, ideas and opinions
- utilise accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar to communicate clearly in writing.
First Published 08/02/2019.