This free course is an introduction to Level 1 Essential Skills in maths that’s designed to inspire you to improve your current maths skills and help you to remember any areas that you may have forgotten.
Everyday maths 1 (Wales) was written by Kerry Lloyd, Frances Hughes and Tracy Mitchell at Coleg Cambria, in partnership with Addysg Oedolion Cymru |
Adult Learning Wales, Coleg Gwent, the NPTC Group of Colleges and The Open
University, and in collaboration with Anna E. Crossland, Middlesbrough College,
using materials belonging to the Open School Trust Ltd (trading as the National
Extension College), and in partnership with the Bedford College Group and West
This course has been produced as part of the Department for Education’s Flexible Learning Fund, the Higher Educational Funding Council for Wales and with the kind support of Dangoor Education, the educational arm of The Exilarch’s Foundation.
This course is part of a collection
This course is part of a collection of courses called Skills. There are 3 courses in this collection so you may find other courses here that maybe of interest to you.See this collection
Course learning outcomes
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- understand practical problems, some of which are non-routine
- identify the maths skills you need to tackle a problem
- use maths in an organised way to find the solution you’re looking for
- use appropriate checking procedures at each stage
- explain the process you used to get an answer and draw simple conclusions from it.