This free course is an introduction to Level 2 Essential Skills in English with tips and techniques to help you communicate more effectively in everyday life. It will develop and improve your essential speaking and listening, reading and writing skills for work, study and everyday life. You will develop knowledge and skills for taking part confidently in discussions – using language correctly in different situations. You will learn and practise key reading approaches to understand different texts and identify main points and detailed information. You will study methods to improve your writing to communicate clearly using a variety of written formats.
This level 2 course builds on the skills from Everyday English 1.
Everyday English 2 was written by Bedford College Group in partnership with Middlesbrough College, West Herts College and The Open University, in collaboration with Coleg Cambria, Addysg Oedolion Cymru / Adult Learning Wales, Coleg Gwent and the NPTC Group of Colleges.
This course is part of a collection
This course is part of a collection of courses called Skills. There are 3 courses in this collection so you may find other courses here that maybe of interest to you.See this collection
Course learning outcomes
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- listen, understand and make relevant contributions to discussions with others in a range of contexts
- apply your understanding of language to adapt delivery and content to suit audience and purpose
- read a range of different text types confidently and fluently, and apply your knowledge and understanding of texts to your own writing
- write texts of varying complexity, with accuracy and effectiveness, and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- understand the situations when, and audiences for which, planning, drafting and using formal language are important, and when they are less important.