Importance of Mobile App for Hospital Efficiency:
Since the healthy invasion of technology, the mobile app for hospital efficiency has increased the productivity of hospitals by assisting the medical professionals, the front office personnel, and the back office personnel with a firm grip over their daily practices. And the development of such products is the main goal of various tech giants out there.
Importance of mobile apps for hospital efficiency
Several Hospitals worldwide developed their day to day work by including mobile apps in their processes. By including the technology in their routines, they gain an upper hand in performing their job effectively.
Some of the Mobile app for hospital efficiency : –
- CareAware Connect
- Ambulatory EHR
- PatientKeeper (Computerized patient order entry – CPOE)
These are some of the mobile apps for hospital efficiency. The Development of these apps instantly improved the healthcare industry’s workflow with a unique approach to productivity.
Through these platforms, several hospitals can conquer the challenges and the problems it faces every day. Hence, the development of these platforms should be considered crucial in the present market.
Problems faced by hospital personnel’s every day:
Due to the lack of technology in the workflow of some hospitals, they face various problems that result in chaos at the end of the day. Some of them are: –
1. Time consumption:This is the major problem experienced by the hospital personnel on duty. Time consumption is the principal category for all the other problems that are experienced in the workflow of a hospital. Hospital personnel is rendered unable to access the required information or data when needed because of the lack of technology. This results in a long and exhausting process causing confusion and chaos, end up consuming most of the personnel’s time.
2. Access to Health records:Medical professionals and front-operations personnel are rendered vulnerable to this problem because they are incapable of acquiring patient records when needed, due to less knowledge on the whereabouts of the patient records.
This problem consumes more time than any other sub-categorial problem of time consumption. During the Mobile Apps Development for Hospital Efficiency, the developer should mainly focus on eradicating this problem.
3.No proper communication:
This is a persisting problem in the workflow of the healthcare industries. Imagine an IT-based problem in the process of the medical professional and he/she had to contact the Back-office operations personnel through a telephone. But couldn’t reach the IT Personnel because he/she is probably on rounds. Mobile apps for hospital efficiency focuses on such problems and conquer these problems with several features of the app.
4. No proper sharing of data:Sometimes, a patient may be treated by two or more doctors, imagine an outpatient visiting the hospital for the 3rd time and he/she is asked to explain the problems. Customer satisfaction hangs on a thread as there is no data being shared within the medical professionals. These are some of the problems faced by medical professionals, front-office personnel, and back-office personnel in their workflow every day.
So, technology has responded with a unique approach towards solving these problems and advancing the workflow of the hospitals. With the help of mobile apps for hospital efficiency healthcare industries can develop their workflow and stand high and proud in a competitive market.
Development of a Mobile app for hospital efficiency:
Before the development process, the UI & UX Designers take over the field by performing their part in the Mobile app’s development process. User Interface (UI) & User experience (UX) are of paramount importance in the software or application development process. They help in the front-end development of an app.
1. Front-end development:User interface is the aesthetics of a software or an app. In other words, it is the appearance of an app, for example, Style, fonts, images, etc. A User interface designer will go through a long and tiring process of understanding the expectations of the end-users and create an application that can aesthetically please the end-user. User experience is the user’s emotion or attitude on using the app or software. User experience process is extensive, which includes many important processes like wireframing and prototyping. UI & UX together are essential in rendering an application both aesthetically pleasing and seamless.
3. Deployment platform:The deployment platform should be decided beforehand so that the designing and the developing process would be performed accordingly. For example, Android, iOS, Blackberry, etc. Different platforms have different programming languages hence the requirements should be decided before the development process even begins.
Features of Mobile Apps for Hospital Efficiency:
1. eHealthRecords access:The Medical professionals, front-office operations personnel and the back-office operations personnel are enabled with a mobile application through which the health records of any patient can be searched and accessed anytime. Every detail of the patients should be inputted into the database. So that anytime and anywhere the user can identify and select the records seamlessly. This feature helps in eradicating the time consumption and increasing the productivity of the hospital’s workflow.
2. Data Sharing:Data Sharing assists the users i.e. medical professionals, front-office personnel, and the back-office personnel to share the information through the app saving time and power. It can be health records or any other requirements. Data Sharing is the most important feature of such applications since Day one because of the inter-sharing information functions throughout the hospital.
3. Patient monitoring:Patient monitoring is a brand-new feature of mobile apps for hospital efficiency because it is not extensively featured in many apps yet. Patient monitoring helps the front-office personnel to track the patient’s visits and details, the medical professional assigned or any other test to be conducted, etc. This information is frequently inputted in the database by the medical personnel and the front-office personnel to track the patients and to guide them further. From the time the patient enquires the front-office to the end of the patient’s visit to the hospital, every stage the patient goes through will be updated in the ‘patient monitor’ feature of the app.
4. Information access:Information access is a common feature in many mobile apps for hospital efficiency because it helps the front-office personnel to check on the patient’s details if they have visited the hospital previously. Front-office personnel is enabled to input the patient’s details in the database and to retrieve information from the application anytime.
5. Identifying malfunctions in the hospital’s infrastructure:IT personnel can walk the floors of the hospital by finding out flaws with this feature of the mobile app for hospital efficiency. The flaws or malfunctions should be updated in the database of the application by the medical professionals and the front-office personnel so that the back-office personnel can identify the problem and the malfunction reasons without wasting time and can render the repair process seamlessly.
These are some of the features the mobile app for hospital efficiency can offer its user, these features of the application assist the healthcare industries in the advancement of their workflow.
Author Bio: I'm a Mobile app developer working in a Mobile app development agency, other than that I'm interested in Web development and Custom made software. I also have more than 2 year experience in all those mentioned fields. So in this platform I would like to share my projects as courses and articles so that it may help someone in need. Thank you.