Taking my learning further
1 What have I learned?
We hope you found Supporting children’s development interesting and informative.
You may remember answering a few questions at the start of the course about your learning motivations. Now you’ve completed all or part of the course we’d like to ask you to reflect on your experience by completing one last short activity.
Questionnaire about your learning (2) [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)]
If you would like to review your responses to the first questionnaire at the start of the course you can do so by revisiting the Questionnaire about your learning (1).
Consider where you were when you first started this course.
- How did studying this course fit within your general everyday routine? Did you make or were you given dedicated time to work on it?
- Were there any particular challenges you faced? How did you overcome them?
- Have you learned anything that you will be able to take forwards in the future? How might this influence how you do things in the future?
By studying this course you should now:
- have gained an insight into the varying perspectives of children from early years through to secondary school
- be able to reflect on personal experience and practice, identify strengths and weaknesses, and apply this to your practice issues
- understand how some theories attempt to explain children’s development
- be able to reflect on the value of the work of teaching assistants, the support skills involved, and be thinking about your future role.
2 Badge and statement of participation