1 Technology and me
Before you learn more about technology-based counselling, it is useful to reflect on your own attitudes, experiences and practices related to digital technology.
There has always been a debate around the use of technology in counselling and psychotherapy (Weitz, 2014; Russel, 2015). Practitioners can have strong views and concerns about the quality of online provision and the range of ethical, legal and technological issues in online counselling practice (which will be covered in this course). Where you personally stand in the debate around technology-based counselling might be influenced by your own personal relationship with, and experience of, digital technology.
Activity 2: Technology word cloud
When you have chosen your word, post it anonymously in. (You might want to open this in a new tab or window.)
Pause for reflection
Once you have posted your word, look at what other users have posted. Are there similarities in the responses regarding the potential and challenges of online counselling?
- 1 Technology and me Ebook (EPUB) 85KB
- 1 Technology and me HTML Zip file 573.3KB
- 1 Technology and me IMS Common Cartridge 573.8KB
- 1 Technology and me Interactive ebook (EPUB) 85.1KB
- 1 Technology and me Kindle ebook 107.1KB
- 1 Technology and me OU XML Package 5.9KB
- 1 Technology and me OU XML file 13.5KB
- 1 Technology and me PDF version of web pages 91.9KB
- 1 Technology and me RSS 15.7KB
- 1 Technology and me SCORM 574.1KB
- 1 Technology and me Word version (optimised for screen readers) 159.5KB
1.1 Digital visitor or digital resident?