Section 4: Investigating air
Key Focus Question: How can you use models, experiments and discussions to help pupils build a picture of air?
Keywords: gases; air; particles; assessment; model; investigation
By the end of this section, you will have:
- considered how to support language learning in science;
- explored ideas about air and particles with your pupils;
- used different ways to assess your pupils.
This section has two main purposes:
- to increase your own awareness of how language supports pupils as they think and behave scientifically;
- to do this as you help pupils understand the nature of air and how it behaves.