Resource 3: Questions for maps
Teacher resource for planning or adapting to use with pupils
In your group, look at the map and answer the following questions:
- What do the lines show?
- How many hospitals can be found in the area that the map shows?
- On which street are most of the hotels in this area located?
- How many hotels are there on this street?
- Which streets would you go to if you needed petrol?
- Can you name two streets that have embassies located on them?
- Which street would you visit if you were hungry?
- How many hotels are there in total in the area of Abuja shown on this map?
- What do you think the ‘other’ symbol represents? How many different things can you think of?