Resource 1: Action-reflection cycle
Background information / subject knowledge for teacher
The diagram shows the following steps in the action-reflection cycle:
- Plan an activity.
- Act by putting the plan into practice, and observe how it goes.
- Record what you observe.
- Reflect on what happened.
- Revise your plan, or make a new plan.
- Put the revised or new plan into action, and observe again.
- Record and reflect again.
- And so on, and so on...
Everything you do as a teacher can become part of an action-reflection cycle.