5.8 Study Checklist
Take stock of the material you covered in this unit. Below is a list that highlights the main ideas you’ve studied. This was a challenging unit, but well worth the hard work since you'll meet these ideas in many different situations.
You should now feel confident to:
- Work with units that are used in the U.S. for length, mass, and volume.
- Be familiar with the SI system of measurement and their prefixes.
- Understand negative numbers.
- Work out everyday problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division that involve negative numbers.
- Use some strategies for reading a piece of mathematics.
- Write mathematics using appropriate notation.
Outlook on Unit 6
You’ve really laid the foundation for a great start to your math journey! Let’s keep moving ahead and building on the skills we’ve developed. As we begin to work with fractions, remember that you will eventually (if you haven’t already) get stuck. Use your resources and keep climbing!
5.7 Quiz Time