What is a badged course?
Badges are a means of digitally recognising certain skills and achievements acquired through informal study and are entirely optional. They do not carry any formal credit as they are not subject to the same rigour as formal assessment; nor are they proof that you have studied the full unit or course. They are a useful means of demonstrating participation and recognising informal learning.
If you'd like to learn more about badges, you will find more information on the following websites:
- )] – this information is provided by Mozilla, a leading provider of the open badges system.
- Digital Badges – this information is provided by HASTAC (Humanities, Arts, Science and Technology Alliance and Collaboratory), a global community working to transform how we learn, and particularly making use of technology.
Gaining your badge
To gain the digital badge for 'An introduction to Dyslexia and Inclusive Practice for Community Learning and Development (CLD)', you will need to:
- Complete the short activities included in each section. They are really helpful in consolidating your learning but there is no pass mark.
- Complete the end-of-module quiz that you’ll find at the end of the last section of the module and achieve at least 60%.
When you have successfully achieved the completion criteria you will receive your badge for ‘An introduction to Dyslexia and Inclusive Practice for Community Learning and Development (CLD)’. You will receive an email notification that your badge has been awarded and it will appear in the My Badges area in your profile. Please note it can take up to 24 hours for a badge to be issued.
Your badge demonstrates that you have achieved the learning outcomes for the module. These outcomes are listed at the start of each section.
The digital badge does not represent formal credit or award, but rather it demonstrates successful participation in informal learning activity and your commitment to professional learning.
Accessing your badge
From within ‘An introduction to Dyslexia and Inclusive Practice for Community Learning & Development (CLD)' module:
- Go to my profile and click on achievements. You will see the badge alongside the course title.
- To view the details of the badge or to download it click on the badge and you will be taken to the Badge Information page.
- You can download this page to your computer.