Resource 2: Recipes
Teacher resource for planning or adapting to use with pupils
Here are three different ways of presenting the same recipe.
Making Curried Peaches
Curried peaches (flow chart)
Curried Peaches (process description)
When peaches are curried, 4 peaches are peeled and sliced. 100 ml of vinegar is boiled, and the peaches, curry powder and salt are added. The peaches are simmered until they are tender, then they are left to cool. They are bottled and the bottles are sealed.
Curried peaches (ingredients and method)
- 4 peaches
- 100 ml vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and then slice the 4 peaches.
- Boil 100 ml vinegar.
- Add the peaches, curry powder and salt to the boiling vinegar.
- Simmer the peaches until tender.
- Remove from the heat and leave the peaches and curry liquid to cool.
- Bottle the peaches covering with curry liquid.
- Seal the bottles.