- Both the UN Convention and the African Charter have articles that confirm children’s rights to health.
- There are many different elements to the right to health. It is not only about health care – it is also about issues such as combating malnutrition and preventing accidents.
- The right to health cannot be separated from other rights.
- The right to health for a child can be thought of at different levels – individual, health care services and systems, and the environment.
- At each of these levels there are roles to be played by health workers.