Thinking of studying with The Open University?...
Thinking of studying with The Open University? You’re not alone. Thousands of visitors to the OpenLearn website have gone on to study at the OU having experienced the quality of the free learning we offer on OpenLearn.
- Duration: 5 mins
- Published on: Monday 19th October 2009
- Introductory Level
- Posted under: Get Started
The Open University offers around 250 undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications, including certificates, diplomas, honours degrees and masters.
If you want to reap the benefits of being a student at The Open University – including tutorial support and the opportunity to gain a qualification – you can find more information on the Study at the OU website.
Join more than 2 million people, who over the past 40 years, have been inspired to achieve their ambitions and follow their passions with The Open University. We're open to everyone and strive to be accessible to all, whatever your circumstance or ability.
You can study in a flexible way that is designed around you and our innovative learning materials bring learning to life. And what's more, you'll get unrivalled support from your tutor and join our vibrant student community.
Don't know where to start?
- The Openings programme could be the solution if you are new to study or it has been a while. These are introductory-level courses that have been specially designed to help you find out what it's like to study with The Open University, get a taste of a subject area, and develop your study skills and confidence.
- There are over 35 OU short courses to choose from. Taking a short course could point you in the right career direction, give you a flavour of studying with The Open University, or give you an insight into a subject that has always fascinated you. What's more, short courses can vary from gentle introductions to in-depth studies.
- Visit the Study at the OU website to view the complete online prospectus.
Access to Success
The Access to Success Route is our new, unique and low-cost access offer. If your household income is under £25k, and you have little or no previous experience of higher education, Access to Success offers an ideal starting point to build your confidence and develop study skills. On completion, you’ll be well prepared for further study towards a nationally recognised qualification in a field you are interested in or want to work in.
Outside the UK?
Many of our courses are available wherever you are on the planet - visit openuniversity.edu, tell us where you are, and see what's available in your territory.
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Monday, 19th October 2009
Last updated on: Monday, 19th October 2009
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.