Modern Scotland is a multi-lingual country. Gaelic, Scots and English, along with newer introductions from Europe and beyond, all influence the way Scotland’s people now speak to each other and to the rest of the world. Find out how a historic language has claimed its place at the heart of modern Scottish nationhood.
Our free course extract is a great entry point into the modern culture of this historic language.
- Duration 5 mins
- Updated Friday 26th August 2011
- Introductory level
- Posted under Gaelic
More like this
Copyright & revisions
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Subscribe to our 'Discover more about Gaelic language and culture' When and Where feed
- Subscribe to our 'Open University broadcasting schedule' feed
- Subscribe to our 'What's On' feed
- Latest pages by The OpenLearn team
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Gaelic
- Latest pages tagged - Scotland
- Latest comments on this page