What UK trade & investment does for exporters
UK Trade & Investment is the UK government organisation which helps companies enter new markets and achieve sustainable global growth.
For companies that are getting started in international trade, UKTI provides:
- an export health check to assess company needs and help in developing an export action plan
- training in requirements for trading overseas
- access to an experienced International Trade Adviser in their local area
- specialist help with tackling cultural and language issues
- advice on market research, with possible grant funding
- ongoing business development support
Once the initial homework has been done, UKTI can offer further assistance in the shape of:
- information, contacts, advice and support from UKTI staff in the UK and our overseas network
- opportunities to participate in sector-based trade seminars and missions
- access to major buyers, governments and supply chains in overseas markets
- advice on forming international joint ventures and partnerships
- exploratory visits to new markets
- information on new business opportunities
Find out more about UKTI's services and support at the UKTI website.
The British Council
The British Council also offers support and advice for entrepreneurs seeking to take their businesses overseas.
For Young Creative Entrepreneurs, there's the Creative Economy website, supporting a global development programme.
And discover more about the Enterprise Challenge.
The whole story
Join Theo Paphitis as he follows nine companies seeking to expand their overseas markets: Theo's Adventure Capitalists.