Frozen Planet: Explore the polar regions
Click on the image below to start exploring the Arctic and Antarctic. You can access geographic information provided by Arctic and Antarctic experts, watch videos of the wildlife in each region, and see important historical events as people explore the polar regions.
Special thanks to British Antarctic Survey for their assistance in developing this interactive map.
Please note: If you've arrived at this page looking for our Frozen Planet poster, thank you for your interest, but unfortunately, demand for this item was very high and we have now exhausted our current supplies. Why not explore the Frozen Planet through your computer instead using this interactive map and the links below?
More about Frozen Planet
Copyright & revisions
Originally published: Wednesday, 10th August 2011
Last updated on: Thursday, 6th September 2012
- Body text - Copyright: The Open University
- Image '' - Copyright: The Open University
If you enjoyed this, why not follow a feed to find out when we have new things like it? Choose an RSS feed from the list below. (Don't know what to do with RSS feeds?)
Remember, you can also make your own, personal feed by combining tags from around OpenLearn.
- Latest OpenLearn pages
- Latest pages by Dr Mark Brandon
- Latest pages by Dr David Robinson
- Latest pages from OpenLearn - Environmental Studies
- Latest pages tagged Antarctica
- Latest pages tagged Arctic
- Latest pages tagged Frozen Planet
- Latest pages tagged North Pole
- Latest pages tagged South Pole
- Latest comments on this page