Elements of the Periodic Table works best using modern browsers, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer 9.
By clicking on the image above, you'll be able to explore:
- The history of the Periodic Table in just 2 minutes
- How certain elements changed the course of history
- How the different parts of our planet are made up of the same elemental building blocks
- Where different elements occur, and what places they get their names from
- Which elements make up the human body
- The elements that are vital, and dangerous, to human life
- How an element's atomic structure determines the shape of the table
If this has whetted your appetite for learning about chemistry, try our Level 1 course Exploring Science.