Introduction and quick start guide
Ласкаво просимо! Laskavo prosimo! Welcome to Introduction to Ukrainian language and culture. This short course does what it says on the tin. It introduces you to Ukrainian language and culture and hopefully makes you curious to find out more.
After studying this course, you will be able to:
- take part in simple conversations with a Ukrainian friend or guest on everyday topics, such as greetings, jobs, families, homes, food, education, health and healthcare
- understand key elements of Ukrainian culture, such as festivals, music, cuisine, geography and history, including the build-up to the Russian invasion of February 2022 and the resistance of the Ukrainian people
- use the Knowledge Exchange Forum to access and share practical information about supporting Ukrainian displaced people in the UK.
If you wish, you can also:
- learn the Ukrainian alphabet
- start learning some Ukrainian grammar.