About this course
Welcome to this free course, Rising China and Africa’s development: oil. It should take around 15 hours to study. It is split into five three-hour sessions covering the following:
- Session 1: The rise of China and resource demand
- Session 2: The politics of resource governance
- Session 3: Local content and linkages
- Session 4: Global oil markets, geopolitics and diversification
- Session 5: Leveraging better development from natural resources: beyond the resource curse.
Watch the following video in which Open University academic and leader of the Chinese oil project, Giles Mohan, introduces the course.
In the ‘Summary’ at the end of each session, you will find a link to the next session. If at any time you want to return to the start of the course, click on ‘Full course description’. From here, you can navigate to any part of the course.
It’s also good practice, if you access a link from within a course page, to open it in a new window or tab. That way you can easily return to where you’ve come from without having to use the back button on your browser.
You can now go to Session 1 [Tip: hold Ctrl and click a link to open it in a new tab. (Hide tip)] .