Well done! You have completed the first week of Succeeding in a digital world.
This week you have thought about your use of technology and the kinds of things you tend to do at the moment. You have also been introduced to Manuela, Michael and John, your companions for this course, and you have shared their experience.
- reviewed some basic digital skills for everyday life
- practised using digital skills for finding information, communicating, creating and problem-solving
- started your Digital plan.
You have learned:
- the benefits of being able to use the internet
- what the basic digital skills for everyday life are
- how social networking can be useful to you.
Next week you will explore in more depth the skills you need to be successful in a digital world, including university study. You will be using a framework developed by The Open University to assess your level of confidence in five key skills areas. Following this, you will add to your Digital plan.
You can now go to Week 2.