Congratulations for making it to the end of this week. You’ve covered quite a lot of ground in this week, some of which you may well have been more familiar with than other parts. This is perfectly normal. The important thing is that you are continuing to build your knowledge from Week 1 and hopefully already seeing your own progress. All this will help you in later weeks. Next week you will move on again and start your journey through fractions. This can be quite a daunting subject for many people. We will make sure though that you cover the basics before looking at calculations with fractions. See you next week!
You should now feel confident to:
- use addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in different situations
- use estimation to check your answers
- use and understand exponents (powers)
- carry out operations in the correct order (following the BEDMAS code)
- appreciate the steps in solving a problem mathematically.
You can now go to Week 3.