0.1 Where do I start?
This course is divided into six study sections. The sections are designed to be read in numerical order but it is up to you how you want to study or use the course. You can learn at your own pace. You have the flexibility to study at the times that suit you: you could complete the course in an intensive weekend or in short sessions over a number of weeks. Alternatively, you might decide to study just one section that is of particular interest to you. Each section begins with an introduction and learning outcomes, and is divided into subsections that you can study in 'bite-size' chunks . There is also a short quiz at the end of each section so you can check out how far your learning has progressed.
The course has 6 sections and a video of a panel discussion about personalisation:
- Section 1: Understanding personalisation and its history
- Section 2: Making personalisation happen together: Co-production
- Section 3: Outcomes-based thinking
- Section 4: Personalisation and risk
- Section 5: Workforce
- Section 6: Working together for personalisation
- Panel event: The Future of Personalisation: Self-Directed Support in Scotland
This course has a glossary that you can use to look up any unfamiliar words. You can also click on any highlighted word or phrase to check its meaning.
Make sure that you read through this Introduction before you start and then work out what you want to study, how and when.