My OpenLearn Profile
- Personalise your OpenLearn profile
- Save your favourite content
- Get recognition for your learning
- Session 1
- 1 Master’s-level study and how it differs from undergraduate study
- 2 Key differences between postgraduate and undergraduate study
- 3 Intensity, workload and study style
- 4 Types and purpose of Master’s degrees
- 5 Characteristics of Master’s degree graduates
- 6 Qualification Frameworks and Levels in the UK and in Europe
- 7 Preparing for postgraduate study – evaluating your readiness
- 8 Top tips for success – comments from students
- 9 Managing your study time
- 9.1 Find a strategy that works well for you
- 9.2 Plan your time – look ahead, find out what you need to do and when
- 9.3 Prioritise your tasks and identify how you spend your time
- 9.4 Find a suitable place to study
- 9.5 Focus on your study goals
- 9.6 Use weekly schedules and to-do lists
- 9.7 Prepare an action plan
- 9.8 Deal effectively with distractions and procrastination
- 9.9 Make the best use of time you have available
- 9.10 What if you fall behind?
- 10 The nature of distance learning Master’s study
- 11 This session’s quiz
- 12 Summary and reflection
- 13 Closing remarks
- Current section: References
About this free course
24 hours study
Level 3: Advanced
Free statement of participation on completion of these courses.
Earn a free Open University digital badge if you complete this course, to display and share your achievement.
Create your free OpenLearn profile
Get the most out of OpenLearn
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn, but signing-up will give you access to your personal learning profile and record of achievements that you earn while you study.
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn but creating an account lets you set up a personal learning profile which tracks your course progress and gives you access to Statements of Participation and digital badges you earn along the way. Sign-up now!
This free course is available to start right now. Review the full course description and key learning outcomes and create an account and enrol if you want a free statement of participation.
Succeeding in postgraduate study
Making the decision to study can be a big step, which is why you'll want a trusted University. The Open University has 50 years’ experience delivering flexible learning and 170,000 students are studying with us right now. Take a look at all Open University courses.
Every year, thousands of students decide to study with The Open University. With over 120 qualifications, we’ve got the right course for you.