Week 8: Taking action
Well done, you have reached the final week of the course!
Last week, you thought about how you can make use of the knowledge you are gaining about your sector. More specifically, you explored the concept of the SWOT analysis and how this can help you to analyse factors relating to your sector. You then used this to investigate three key areas: improving your current performance, retraining or gaining new qualifications, and progressing your career through a new job or career change.
This week you will decide what actions you need to take based on the goals you have identified and what you have learned over the past few weeks. At the end of this week you will have a practical action plan containing realistic aims and objectives to guide you as you take steps to make these aspirations a reality.
Watch Lynne Johnson as she introduces Week 8.
Once again, please use your notebook or the Toolkit to jot down your thoughts and responses to the activities.
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- outline your current situation in the light of work completed during this course
- define the important elements that make up an action plan
- list the key points that you have learned from the various elements of this course
- construct a personal action plan based on these key learning points
- explain how a mentor might be able to support you in taking forward your action plan and identify people whom you feel could be suitable and appropriate mentors for you.