6 Summary of Session 5
You should now be able to:
- understand how you might use a study journal
- recognise the benefits and challenges of distance learning
- have some ideas about things you can do to help you study successfully
- have a realistic plan of when you’ll study and have ways to manage your time successfully
- understand what to do if you start to fall behind.
In the final session you’ll find out what practical steps you can take now to get prepared for study. This includes equipment and computer skills you’ll need. You’ll also be introduced to the concept of digital skills and explore OpenLearn – the OU’s site full of free resources for anyone. At the end of the next session you’ll also have a chance to check what you’ve learned from all six sessions in the end of course quiz. This will also give the chance to earn your badge.
You can now go to Session 6.