4 Analysing your practice and scope for change
It is now time to focus on your own practice.
Activity 3 Analysing change in teaching practices
- Think about the teaching practices that you are familiar with (i.e. not just your own practice) in your organisation over the last five to ten years.
- Make some notes in response to the following questions:
- a.How do you think teaching practice has changed?
- b.How significant have the changes been?
- c.Which technological developments do you consider to have been the most important? Why?
- d.Which aspects of practice haven't been impacted strongly by technology? Why might this be?
- Now think about your own practice, relative to the general teaching practices you thought about in questions 1 and 2 above. How has your practice changed? Which technological developments have been the most important?
- Finally, think about what you want to change in your own teaching practice with respect to online teaching (refer to your relevant notes from previous weeks). How will technology play a role in your online teaching in the near future? What technological developments would you like to happen to support your online teaching even further?
As we approach the final week of this course, your plans for taking your teaching online should be starting to become more detailed. The questions in this activity should help you to incorporate technologies appropriately into your plans.